The training for those who want to use Python for computing, analytical and reporting tasks or automating everyday tasks (server and administration tasks, application logs analysis, etc.).
Unlike Python for programmers, we spend less time on deep understanding of more advanced language mechanisms (which are needed to create bigger programs). We concentrate on good understanding of the functions needed in daily work – we practise installing programs written in Python, analysing (parsing) text files, communicating with other programs, etc.
- Language syntax and basic instructions
- Configuring popular editors for comfortable Python programming
- Running programs, different ways to run a program (in Windows and Linux environments)
- Creating portable versions, ready to run without Python
- Handling options passed to programs from command line
- Reading and parsing text files, regular expressions, screenscraping. Handling problems with special characters.
- Working with the file system – browsing folders, creating files…
- Running Python from other programs (shell scripts, Perl programs, etc.)
- Running other programs from Python, communication with running programs
- Communications via TCP/IP, FTP and telnet handling. Downloading files via HTTP.
- Installing and using additional libraries from PyPI.
During our courses we use the latest Python version (branch 2). In case of on-demand courses, it’s possible to use any version required by the Client, according to his needs.
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for engineers, scientists, analysts, admins and other people who need to write simple programs.
We assume that participants of this training have enough programming skills to create at least a program checking if a given number is a prime (in any language).
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 10 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.