The course provides student with the skills of programming in Python. It’s intended for programmers, preferably for those who know at least one object oriented programming language.
The course is a thorough study of the Python language itself, it shows how to use Python possibilities for writing scripts and its object mechanisms. The course includes preparation for creating console applications and applications which use classic GUI.
- Introduction to Python language. Standard library.
- Creating simple programs
- Getting to know language syntax, basic instructions, standard library
- Running programs, different ways to run program (in Windows and Linux environments)
- Creating portable version, ready to run without Python
- Understanding object model in Python
- Understanding differences and similarity to other object-oriented languages (Java, C++, C#, PHP)
- Understanding how it exactly works
- Using object-oriented mechanisms (namespaces, objects and classes (old and new type), callable objects, operator overloading, multi-inheritance, modules and packages, exceptions, iterators, generators)
- Creating simple window programs using easygui
- Creating GUI interfaces for stand-alone applications using PyQT
- Creating standard programs with windows intefaces
- Using QT Designer
- Observing object mechanisms in practice
During our courses we use the latest Python version (branch 2).
In case of on-demand courses, it’s possible to use any version required by the Client, according to his needs.
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for programmers.
Before attending this course, students should know any other object oriented language (at least one, e.g. Java, C++, C#).
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.