Advanced Course in Web Programming
- groups of 4-12 people,
- for those who want to further raise their qualifications,
- the course is conducted by programmers and project managers,
- actual, usable code is created during the course,
- the course programme is constantly adjusted to best suit job market demands,
- 1190 EUR
- instalment payment plans available for private persons
more information here
Our course is intended for those who:
- already have some web programming skills and experience (on an intermediate level),
- want to raise their qualifications or find a better job,
- are interested in current trends and advanced technologies.
Requirements: good knowledge of PHP and at least basic knowledge of object-oriented programming; good knowledge of SQL, basic familiarity with administration and at least any one database system.
This course is a continuation of the Web Developer (PHP) course, but completing it is not required - all interested persons may apply. In case you have any doubts about whether your skills and knowledge are sufficient (is this course good for me? maybe I should rather choose the more basic one? etc.), do not hesitate to contact us. Usually, we offer a free consultation with a trainer. We consider providing students with training courses that fit their level as well as possible very important.
Valuable knowledge and skills
Brief course outline:
- Zend Framework and modern object-oriented programming in PHP (typical design patterns, MVC etc.),
- Databases - optimization of queries, explain plan, filters, joins and their cost, statistics; procedural languages - PL/SQL; native XML databases, use cases, XPath and XQuery languages,
- ActionScript 3 language, or Flash for developers - constructions and traits of the language, Flash API, Flex.
Programming cannot be learned only through theory or from books. During our course, we focus on practice.
- The students learn all technologies and application creation methodologies from the practical side.
- During the course we create complete, usable application elements.
- Course programme is adjusted constantly to suit market trends and demands.
Everything happens under personal supervision of professional, experienced programmers and project managers. Students are in touch with practical approaches and acquire good programming habits.
In case you have any questions about the course programme, e-mail or call us.
After finishing our course, students receive an ALX certificate with a detailed list of all acquired skills.
This course, which covers in detail Zend Framework, covers the majority of material needed for ZFCE certification. Those interested in it should know that taking the exam requires, apart from the Zend Framework part of this course, learning the material covered by ZFCE PREP course, which supplements this course's material (or separately purchased PHP ZF-OOP module) by elements not necessary for everyday work with Zend Framework, but required by the ZFCE exam.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
For public sessions, you can sign in yourself or delegate one or a few employees. The prices given in the tables are for sessions in our London training rooms, per one person.
On customer's request we conduct trainings in London, other locations in UK and anywhere in Europe, either at the customer's premises or in any other place, on either customer's hardware or ours. For on-demand training costs see here.
The open (public) classes take place in our training rooms in London (directions).
Teaching modes available:
Day classes (all locations) - the course consists of two three-day training blocks (from Monday to Wednesday); 8 hours per day (from 9:00 to 17:00) including a lunch break. The blocks take place every three or four weeks.
Weekend classes (all locations) - classes take place during the weekend: Saturdays and Sundays, every two weeks, from 9:00 to 17:00 (8 hours per day). The whole course consists of 3 such weekend sessions.
In the weekend mode, the whole course takes therefore about two months, in the day mode about a month.
The course price includes refreshments: sweet snacks as well as hot and cold beverages.
The same course material can also be taught, as a whole or divided into parts, during classic training - namely, a sequence of PHP ZF-OOP, DB PROG, AJAX and AS3/FLASH training courses. These are typical training courses, lasting for a couple of days, taking place during workdays and in working hours; lunch and refreshments are included in their price. For more information, see the section detailing all PHP and web techniques training and courses.
Detailed course schedule
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.