Advanced Course for Administrators
- groups of 4-12 people,
- for those who want to further extend their knowledge or are interested in particular implementations,
- covers several advanced topics - from LVM, virtualization, monitoring, through automatic backups and mailservers, to Samba (e.g., PDC) and cataloguing services (LDAP) with replication,
- 1290 EUR
- instalment payment plans available for private persons
more information here
Our course is intended for those who:
- want to increase their administrating knowledge and raise their job qualifications,
- are interested in some of the services discussed during the course,
- or just want to learn new useful, interesting and simply fun solutions that we describe during the course.
This course is a very good and very advanced course. Our instructors are experienced administrators whose everyday job includes implementing Linux solutions. Learning the presented topics during hands-on workshop (including configuration supervised by the instructors) is much easier and faster than learning them on one's own from the documentation. Our instructors, who have a lot practical experience, discuss during the classes actual implementation scenarios and, for example, warn about common mistakes.
We believe the course is worth the time and the price, and highly recommend it.
Requirements: at least intermediate familiarity with Linux system administration.
Valuable knowledge and skills
download detailed course programme >>
Brief outline: the course covers the following topics (each in a separate, several hours' long block): LVM, server virtualization (including detailed review of XEn, KVM and QEMU), system monitoring (tracking states and trends), backup solutions (including: network backup system Bacula - SSL, GUI; backing up a whole heterogeneous environment - UNIX, Windows), cataloguing services (LDAP), fat client systems with central authorization (LDAP, Kerberos) and network filesystems (NFS, CIFS), Samba as a domain controller (PDC), cooperating with LDAP and in Windows Server 2003/2008 environment, advanced mail server configuration, including modern anti-spam techniques and VPN (in particular IPsec and OpenVPN). During each block we discuss also security issues and good administrating practices.
Theory is important, but practice matters most.
- during each class students configure the discussed services themselves,
- thorough supplementary materials, both paper and electronic, help the students expand their knowledge easily and with pleasure not only during the classes, but also at home.
In case you have any questions about the course programme, e-mail or call us!
After the course we issue a certificate of course completion that contains a detailed list of acquired skills.
We are a Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Authorized Partner, and this course, like our other Linux courses, prepares the participants to take LPI examination and obtain LPI certification. Our basic course, Linux Administrator, provides complete knowledge necessary for passing LPIC-1 - Junior Level Linux Certification - exams, and also covers much of the knowledge needed for the LPI 201 and 202 exams, which provide the LPIC-2 certificate - Advanced Level Linux Certification. This course, the Advanced Linux Administrator, allows you to take the highest-level LPI exams (LPI 301 or 302), which provide the LPIC-3 certification - Senior Level Linux Certification
The prices of exams are: LPI 201 and 202 - 145 Euro, LPI 301 - 225 Euro. The exams can be taken at any authorized Pearson VUE testing centre.
For more information about external certificates please contact our office.