Category: Other programming languages
A complete training in Perl programming – from simple and complex scripts, through console applications that use ncurses, up to windowed application. This training is more advanced than the Perl as an Alternative to Shell Scripts training – the examples and programs written during it are more complex and longer.
- Your first Perl program: Hello World.
- How to write Perl programs
- Running programs on Linux and Windows.
- Windows installer for Perl programs.
- Basic language syntax. Control statements.
- Arrays, hashes. Context. Special variables.
- Reading from stdin, word processing, regular expressions.
- Functions, modules, references.
- Communication with the outside world. Running other programs, reading files, sending signals, arguments.
- Generating reports.
- How to read documentation and use help.
- Using CPAN modules.
- Communicating with databases.
- Exporting data to Excel files.
- Using object libraries.
- Creating a simple console applications using the ncurses library.
- PerlQt – creating windowed programs.
Audience and prerequisites
We assume that participants know at least one programming language – they should be able to write in it a simple program, e.g., one that asks the user to enter any number, then checks whether this number is prime.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.