Category: Other programming languages
A complete training in Perl programming – from simple and complex scripts, through console applications that use ncurses, up to windowed application. This training is more advanced than the Perl as an Alternative to Shell Scripts training – the examples and programs written during it are more complex and longer.
- Your first Perl program: Hello World.
- How to write Perl programs
- Running programs on Linux and Windows.
- Windows installer for Perl programs.
- Basic language syntax. Control statements.
- Arrays, hashes. Context. Special variables.
- Reading from stdin, word processing, regular expressions.
- Functions, modules, references.
- Communication with the outside world. Running other programs, reading files, sending signals, arguments.
- Generating reports.
- How to read documentation and use help.
- Using CPAN modules.
- Communicating with databases.
- Exporting data to Excel files.
- Using object libraries.
- Creating a simple console applications using the ncurses library.
- PerlQt – creating windowed programs.
Audience and prerequisites
We assume that participants know at least one programming language – they should be able to write in it a simple program, e.g., one that asks the user to enter any number, then checks whether this number is prime.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 10 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.