A course in Python programming and using Python to create Django-based web applications. This training is designed for programmers who already know at least one object-oriented language, and have basic familiarity with creating web applications in a language other than Python/Django.
- Introduction to Python. Standard library.
- Creating simple programs
- Getting to know the syntax, basic instructions, standard library
- Running programs, different ways to run a program (in both Windows and Linux environments)
- Creating production versions, which can be run without installing Python
- Understanding the object model in Python (including references to other languages (Java, C++, C#, PHP)
- Understanding differences and similarity to other object-oriented languages (Java, C++, C#, PHP)
- Understanding how it exactly works
- Using object-oriented mechanisms (namespaces, objects and classes (old and new type), callable objects, operator overloading, multi-inheritance, modules and packages, exceptions, iterators, generators)
- Creating web applications using Django platform
- Creating a blog with features (formatting posts, adding tags, inserting pictures, adding comments)
- Installing and configuring Django (using build-in webserver, using Apache and mod_python or WSGI)
- Understanding a Django application – project, application, model, view, translating ULR to functions in program
- Communication with database (interactive mode, program mode) and automatic administrative panel
- Creating templates and using them in views
- Creating forms – manually and using build-in mechanisms
- Using generative views
- Understanding good practices for programmers
- Observing language mechanisms in practice
During our courses we use the latest Python version (branch 2) and the current version of Django. In case of on-demand courses, it’s possible to use any version required by the Client, according to his needs.
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for programmers who use any other object-oriented programming language and have basic knowledge about designing web applications.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (EN) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 8 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.