A course in Python programming and using Python to create Django-based web applications. This training is designed for programmers who already know at least one object-oriented language, and have basic familiarity with creating web applications in a language other than Python/Django.
- Introduction to Python. Standard library.
- Creating simple programs
- Getting to know the syntax, basic instructions, standard library
- Running programs, different ways to run a program (in both Windows and Linux environments)
- Creating production versions, which can be run without installing Python
- Understanding the object model in Python (including references to other languages (Java, C++, C#, PHP)
- Understanding differences and similarity to other object-oriented languages (Java, C++, C#, PHP)
- Understanding how it exactly works
- Using object-oriented mechanisms (namespaces, objects and classes (old and new type), callable objects, operator overloading, multi-inheritance, modules and packages, exceptions, iterators, generators)
- Creating web applications using Django platform
- Creating a blog with features (formatting posts, adding tags, inserting pictures, adding comments)
- Installing and configuring Django (using build-in webserver, using Apache and mod_python or WSGI)
- Understanding a Django application – project, application, model, view, translating ULR to functions in program
- Communication with database (interactive mode, program mode) and automatic administrative panel
- Creating templates and using them in views
- Creating forms – manually and using build-in mechanisms
- Using generative views
- Understanding good practices for programmers
- Observing language mechanisms in practice
During our courses we use the latest Python version (branch 2) and the current version of Django. In case of on-demand courses, it’s possible to use any version required by the Client, according to his needs.
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for programmers who use any other object-oriented programming language and have basic knowledge about designing web applications.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.