Category: Java, JEE, Android programming
The training covers building business logic with the ubiquitous Spring/Hibernate combo (the latter is accessed using the recommended JPA 2 interface). In addition, some complementary technologies (such as Beans Validation Framework) are presented.
The training demonstrates both technical aspects of using the Spring platform, as well as good practices and design patterns used in enterprise applications.
Important: The focus of the training is solely the business logic layer. Participants who wish to learn building complete applications should rather choose one of our full stack trainings, such as Java Enterprise Web Development with Spring 3 and JavaServer Faces 2 .
- Domain model and the database layer – Java Persistence Architecture 2:
- basic mappings and relations, life cycle of an entity;
- complex mappings: inheritance, composition, uni- and bidirectional relations;
- surrogate and natural primary keys, multicolumn keys, implied values;
- JPQL queries;
- typed queries: Criteria API;
- collections of simple and embeddable types, ordering collections;
- validation using Bean Validation:
- built-in validators,
- custom validators.
- Introduction to Spring 3
- Installation and configuration of Spring and the associated pitfalls;
- Spring dependencies;
- Supported types of dependency injection: setter, constructor, getter;
- Configuration using XML files and tagged factories;
- Design patterns often used in Spring applications (Facade, DAO, Application Service, Business Delegate);
- Aspect oriented programming;
- Creating Spring database applications using SQL;
- Creating Spring database applications using Hibernate / JPA;
- Weavers in an SE and EE.
- The basic Spring integration with servlet (web) environment
- Spring and JavaServer Faces;
- Spring and EJB.
Audience and prerequisites
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Java programmer
- Android Developer (complete course)
- Learning Java and Programming
- Java 8 for programmers
- Web application programming using Java Servlet and JSP
- Web application programming using JSF
- Spring, Hibernate and Spring MVC
- Business components development with EJB 3.1 and JPA 2 (Java EE6)
- Java Enterprise Web Development with Spring 3 and JavaServer Faces 2
- Glassfish, PrimeFaces. Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6
- RichFaces: Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6, featuring JBoss and Seam
- IceFaces. Enterprise web applications
- XML Processing in Java
- Java - Preparation for Android 101
- Android programming
- Android programming (advanced)
- Android 101 and 201
- Games in Android - OpenGL ES 2.0 - Libgdx