Linux provides programmers with many tools that facilitate their work. During this training, we prepare programmers for working in Linux. We introduce both the fundamental theory and tools related to the system itself, and practical topics related to programmer’s work, such as the most important tools, integrated development environments; there is also an introduction to bash scripting language and some elements of C/C++ particular to this environment.
After the course: the participants will be able to use the Linux console proficiently – including installing and compiling programs, using the most important tools and services, among these tools facilitating programming and collaboration (version control systems), and automate their work using shell scripts and the ‘make’ commands. They will be ready to write shell scripts and C programs in Linux environment.
- The architecture of Linux, general operating principles:
- Users, groups and access rights (basis);
- Processes (and threads);
- Boot procedure;
- File system – where and what to look for;
- How system components are connected: pseudofiles, network ports, slots, linking – static or dynamic; names, functions and characteristics of each part of the system;
- How to setup the system (graphic and text configurators, scripts).
- Getting help (documentation and manual pages)
- Working in the shell, the automation of work:
- Sed and awk;
- Regular expressions;
- Shell scripts;
- Scripts make – build automation
- Install the software
- Configure, make, make install;
- Rpm and deb;
- Apt and yum
- Create installation packages with your own software: deb, rpm (debian/rules, spec files)
- Integrated Development Environment
- VIM – the basics
- VIM – extensions and scripts useful for the programmer
- NetBeans IDE
- Programming engineering
- Collaboration tools: subversion, git
- Archiving and data security: tar, openssl (encryption)
Audience and prerequisites
The participants should be very well-versed in another operating system (probably Windows) and have some basic familiarity with Linux – e.g., be able to use it in graphical mode.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 10 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.