The course is intended for administrators who are responsible for PostgreSQL databases and who want to discover advanced possibilities offered by that system. We will show how to achieve 100% efficiency for your database and we will introduce advanced backup and replication techniques. The training programme includes acccessing and interpreting internal metrics of the database and tips on tuning less known parameters.
For those who haven’t used PostgreSQL before, we recommend combining this course withPostgreSQL for Administrators to create a single comprehensive, intensive training.
Our instructors have many years of experience with PostgreSQL, both as administrators and as programmers. One of our trainers is a PostgreSQL contributor and a regular speaker at the world’s largest conference on the topic.
- Installing extensions
- Contrib extensions
- Embedded programming languages
- PL/Perl (trusted and untrusted)
- External extensions
- Compilation and extentions installation
- Stored procedures in C
- Monitoring database work
- System tools
- vmstat, top, iostat
- strace, systemtap
- System perspectives
- Monitoring index usage
- Monitoring the bgwriter process
- Troubleshooting deadlocks
- Preventing transaction wraparound
- Dedicated monitoring tools
- Log parsers: pgFouine, pg_badger
- Automatic erros notification: tail_n_mail
- System tools
- Replications, backups, partitioning
- Point in Time Recovery
- Log shipping
- Streaming replication
- Monitoring replication stage
- Replication parameters tuning
- Built-in partitioning
- Projects working with PostgreSQL
- PgBouncer connection pooling
- Introduction to external replication with Slony, Bucardo, pgPool
- Using distributed data sources
- The PL/Proxy language
- Foreign Data Wrappers
- Traffic monitoring
Audience and prerequisites
Basic knowledge of PostgreSQL, Linux administration ability.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 8 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.