Category: PHP and front-end web programming
Most sites of the Internet run one of the Great Three Content Management Systems: Joomla, Drupal or Wordpress.
Joomla occupies its own special sweet-spot:
- It is more advanced and robust than Wordpress,
- Yet, it is simpler and easier to set up than Drupal.
Using Joomla enables webmasters to create the first version of the site in matter of hours, instead of days. The time saved can be used on better content, SEO, functional aspects of the site and creative visuals.
Joomla is free (and licensed under an open source license); therefore the whole of the budget can be spent on what makes the site unique. This makes knowing Joomla a great investment for anyone who is doing business in the web.
Joomla’s robustnes makes it fit for divergent scenarios:
- it provides a low-budget, quick way to establish an Internet presence using premade skins and typical functionality; available free modules include forum, questionnaires, comments, social media integration etc.
- in big projects Joomla provides advanced workflow and customization, allowing programmers and designers to deliver the best quality faster and without compromises.
Either way, Joomla saves time and money and guarantees professional results.
Our Joomla training focuses on the indispensable, practical knowledge:
- installing and securing a Joomla instance;
- creating backups and recovering lost data;
- designing SEO-friendly URLs;
- using premade skins;
- installing and configuring additional modules.
This course is available for exclusive groups.
- Content Management Systems, introduction to Joomla
- installation and configuration of a Joomla instance
- modifying database by hand
- recovering lost password
- Managing content
- the building blocks: categories, sections, subsections, articles
- menus and menu items
- Workflow, managing users
- users and groups
- access levels, persmissions
- inheriting permissions
- Publishinh ads and banners
- Using templates, modules and add-ons
- creating and distributing custom templates
- tips and tricks
Audience and prerequisites
Before attending this course, students should have:
- Intermediate internet skills, such as reading web services, moderating forums, creating blogs
- Intermediate HTLM and CSS skills, such as creating and editing simple WWW pages
- No previous programming experience is necessary
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Web developer (PHP)
- Advanced Web Developer (PHP, JS)
- HTML and CSS
- AngularJS and Single Page Applications
- PHP for programmers
- Symphony and Doctrine – web applications
- Zend Framework
- Preparation to Zend Certified Engineer exam
- Zend Framework - supplemental training for the ZFCE exam
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 10 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.