The course improves students’ knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Practical exercises accompany every topic covered during the course.
Microsoft Certificate: for an additional fee of 20 GBP per person, we provide registration with Microsoft Authorized Training system. Training participant registered in this system receives a certificate recognized and respected anywhere in the world, and additional electronic training materials provided by Microsoft.
Genuine Microsoft certification not only confirms the holder's skills - it can also be a valuable part of a resume. Important: authorization is available for on-demand training courses only.
- Introducing the MS Office suite.
- What is included in the Office suite? Tools and features.
- File formats.
- New interface.
- Page formatting.
- Working with Headers and Footers. Page numbers.
- Inserting and manipulating images. Understanding diagrams (SmartArt).
- Footnotes and end-notes
- Sections. Advanced page numbering.
- Understanding Styles.
- Inserting Table of Contents.
- Working with Headings.
- Working with AutoFilters.
- Working with Charts.
- Conditional Formatting.
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts.
- Goal Seek.
- Inspecting workbook.
- Watch window.
- Tracing precedents and dependents.
- Understanding File Formats.
- Importing and Exporting Data.
- Creating a presentation.
- Working with Templates.
- Entering and editing Text.
- Inserting Tables and Charts.
- Inserting Pictures and Graphics.
- Adding Notes.
- Using Animations and Transitions.
- Printing. Preparing a presentation for printing.
- Drawing on slides during Slide Show. Setting Custom Slide Shows. Using Timings.
- Creating a presentation.
- All programs
- Inspecting documents.
- Marking as Final Version.
For open training, the course materials are prepared for MS Office 2010. Other versions (2013, 2007, 2003) are available on request. Contact us for details.
The course can be extended by adding MS Outlook module. Contact us for details.
Audience and prerequisites
This course is intended for information workers who want to learn how to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge, such as keyboard and mouse skills.
- Basic file-management skills. The student should know how to navigate to folders and files on a computer running Windows Vista / Windows 7.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (EN) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 14 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.