Category: Databases and SQL
The course provides students with knowledge and skills to create, manage and programmatically control database on MS SQL Server platform. Basing on relational database theory students get to know Transact SQL (T-SQL) language. They learn to create complex queries, design well structured databases, use indexes to improve performance. Students practice every subject in hands-on lab.
The course outline is similar to course BD 101 (Databases for programmers). This course is designed to MS SQL Server platform. Great value of dedicated courses is that students get used to dedicated tools and learn specific SQL dialect.
- Introduction to relational databases
- Understanding relations
- Table, row, column
- Key, primary key
- Foreign key, references between tables
- Getting familiar with SQL Server Management Studio
- Transact SQL language syntax
- Writing simple query – SELECT closure
- Using functions and operators
- Using conditional functions – CASE, ISNULL, COALESCE, LIKE
- Narrowing results – WHERE closure
- Sorting results – ORDER BY closure
- Hitting extremes – TOP statement
- Using multiple tables – JOIN statement
- Working with set of data – GROUP BY closure
- Adding aggregates
- Choosing sets – HAVING closure
- Using sub-queries
- Combining multiple-query results – UNION, EXCEPT, and INTERSECT closures
- Relational database theory
- Dealing with anomalies
- Understanding normal forms
- Designing database structure
- How-to: designing techniques
- Using database design notation
- Best practices: design patterns for typical issues
- Creating database schema (DDL)
- Understanding data types
- Creating tables – CREATE TABLE query
- Understanding constraints PRIMARY KEY, UNIQUE, NOT NULL, DEFAULT, FOREIGN KEY, CHECK, ON DELETE, ON UPDATE
- Using IDENTITY column
- Inserting, modifying and deleting data (DML)
- Adding data – INSERT query
- Editing data – UPDATE query
- Removing data – DELETE query
- Understanding views
- Creating views – CREATE VIEW query
- Using views
- Using procedural languages
- Introduction to programming databases
- Using triggers and stored procedures
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for novice and experienced MS SQL Server users, who want to learn SQL language and touch some programming and performance issues. Especially we invite programmers and analysts having programming concerns.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge, such as keyboard and mouse skills.
- Basic file-management skills. The student should know how to navigate to folders and files on a computer running Windows Vista / Windows 7.
No prior database experience is required.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Oracle Database SQL
- Oracle Database PL/SQL
- Oracle database administration
- Data Analysis
- Oracle Database Programmer
- Access: Databases and SQL for Analysts
- Databases for programmers
- Oracle RDBMS for programmers
- MySQL for programmers
- MySQL administration
- MS Access (advanced)
- Access Programming using VBA
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 10 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.