Category: Project management
The course is intended for experienced users, who have worked or work with MS Project and want to improve skills and knowledge of project management. Students learn how to use MS Project to:
- plan well-structured projects,
- monitor project progress,
- precisely report on project status.
- Working with tasks.
- Creating, deleting, splitting tasks.
- Understanding summary tasks.
- Understanding tasks types: standard tasks, period tasks, milestones.
- Browsing tasks: sorting, filtering, grouping.
- Determine task dependencies.
- FS, SS, FF.
- Lag, lead time.
- Managing typical problems with complicated tasks dependencies.
- Defining resources.
- Understanding resource types: materials, work. Costs.
- Working with resource pools.
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding dependencies between assigned resources and task duration.
- Dealing with overtime work.
- Managing typical problems with resource assignment.
- Managing workloads and availability. Balancing overloads.
- Task pricing based on resource cost.
- Working with project calendars.
- Setting work time.
- Changing project calendar.
- Using calendars from other projects.
- Saving calendars to global template.
- Linking tasks from multiple calendars.
- Working with resource calendars.
- Working with views.
- Gantt charts: changing task appearance, setting formatting rules, using wizards.
- Network diagrams: improving readability, changing cell format, moving tasks.
- Using other views.
- Using custom views from other projects.
- Saving custom views to global template.
- Printing. Preparing for custom printing.
- Printing reports. Creating custom reports.
- Managing costs.
- Understanding cost types.
- Working with project budget.
- Analysing cash flow.
- Managing progress and project changes.
- Working with baseline plans: capabilities and limitations.
- Comparing project versions.
- Working with progress line.
- Managing current activities, running tasks, lags.
- Understanding real costs.
- Using milestones.
- Working with tasks and resources beyond a budget.
- Using PERT Analysis.
- Working with custom columns.
- Using custom columns to store advanced task information
- Using outline codes.
- Calculating values to populate custom fields.
- Using formulas to populate standard fields.
- Formatting tasks using custom fields.
- Using formulas from other project.
- Saving formulas to global template.
- Customizing the program.
- Using toolbars: hiding, showing, adding and removing buttons, creating custom toolbars.
- Useful options settings: tasks duration, assignments, scheduler etc.
- Recording macros. Creating custom action buttons.
- Creating custom templates.
- Managing multiple projects.
- Creating a master project. Inserting projects into a master project.
- Managing inter-project dependencies. Managing task dependencies across projects (external dependencies).
- Working with typical scenarios.
- Sharing resources across multiple projects.
- Working with MS Project Server.
- Standard configuration. Connecting to the server.
- Saving project to the server. Publishing project.
- Creating server resources. Using server resources in projects.
- Using generic resources. Using enterprise resources.
- Working offline.
- Reporting progress.
- Understanding user roles and permissions.
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for novice and experienced users who want to improve their MS Project skills to expert level.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge, such as keyboard and mouse skills.
- Basic file-management skills. The student should know how to navigate to folders and files on a computer running Windows Vista / Windows 7.
- At least a basic knowledge of the MS Office Word and Excel.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 14 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.