A practical overview of the most important network services for an administrator: from Apache, proxy servers and Samba, through NFS, DHCP servers and LDAP, to mail servers, security and troubleshooting and monitoring.
A preparatory training for the LPI 202 exam, which is organized by Linux Professional Institute. Passing this exam and the LPI 201 exam allows one to acquire the LPIC-2 certificate – Advanced Level Linux Certification.
We offer this training, combined with the LPI 201 training, as an alternate path for our classical LPIC-2 training path (the Linux Administrator course and a supplementary course), for persons interested only in the LPIC-2 certification who already have some familiarity with Linux administration.
For persons interested in a more in-depth look at the topics covered during this training, we recommend the Advanced Linux Administrator course, which provides a thorough coverage of several advanced technologies.
- Network services
- Apache server
- interesting modules
- Server security
- SSL, OpenSSL
- Virtual servers in Apache 2.x
- Proxy servers – Squid
- Samba – MS Windows integration:
- a theoretical introduction;
- server configuration;
- Sharing files via NFS
- NFS configuration: client- and server-side
- Fundamental tools
- Access control
- TCP Wrapper
- DHCP server
- Server configuration
- BOOTP and DHCP protocols
- Best practices in DHCP server management
- Apache server
- LDAP catalog services in Linux
- Using the LDAP client: data modification
- Importing and adding objects
- Managing users
- E-mail systems based on Postfix
- Design, setup, configuration
- Maps and data sources
- Postfix server – management, command line tools
- Secure e-mail infrastructure based on Postfix and Dovecot (IMAP and POP3), monitoring its work.
- PAM authentication
- IPTables as a firewall: configuration, a simple NAT and typical setup
- A safe FTP server – vsftpd
- Using SSH and SFTP; SSH server
- Problem solving and system monitoring
- Boot problems solving
- Useful tools
- Most common problems
Audience and prerequisites
This training is designed for persons interested in taking the LPI 202 exam, and who have mastered the topics covered by the LPIC-1 certificate – that is, the basics of working in Linux, the command line and system configuration.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Linux administrator
- Advanced Linux administrator
- Linux Essentials (For Everyday Users)
- LPI 101. An introduction to Linux administration
- LPI 102. Linux administration and networking
- Building a modern CI / CD process using the Jenkins server
- Selected Linux network services
- Selected Linux server-side technologies
- LPI 201. Linux architecture and low-level configuration
- File sharing and directory services
- LPIC-2 exam prep course
- LPI 300: LDAP, Samba, Integration with MS Windows and Mixed Environments
- LPI 303: Cryptography, Access Control, Services and Network Security
- LPI 304: Linux Virtualization and High Availability
- E-mail server - Exim, anti-spam solutions
- E-mail server - Postfix
- Bash shell programming
- Advanced shell programming, Bash, AWK
- Linux backups
- Advanced network traffic and content filtering
- VPNs in theory and practice
- Bandwidth and Traffic Management (QoS) on Linux
- Server and network monitoring, SNMP, Nagios, Munin
- Apache HTTP server on Linux
- Bind domain name server on Linux
- LDAP directory services on Linux. Integrating authorization systems
- Samba server on Linux
- Advanced Samba configuration (PDC, LDAP, replication)
- Linux virtualization
- Wireless networks and their security
- Digital signature and encryption with OpenSSL and GnuPG
- High availability: Linux Virtual Server and supporting technologies (HA1)
- NFS: Network File System on Linux
- Safe Internet in a computer lab
- Security components in Linux
- Linux - application and kernel debugging
- Linux - exploiting applications and operating system. Low level attacks.
- Linux - application security testing, searching for possible exploits. High-level attacks
- MySQL administration
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 8 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.