The fundamental topics in Linux and network administration: shell script language Bash, users and permissions, processes, boot scripts, programs, basic server services, protocols – including TCP/IP, addressing and routing.
Training is authorized by Linux Professional Institute
This training is a second part of our LPIC-1 certification path – a followup to the LPI-101 training. Learning material covered by these two training courses allows to pass the LPIC-1 exam.
After LPI 102, we suggest:
- (if you took the LPI 101 course or mastered the material on your own) taking the LPIC-1 exam,
- continuing learning on LPIC-2 level – through the complete Advanced Linux Administrator course, or LPI 201 and LPI 202 training courses.
To persons interested in acquiring the complete knowledge required by LPIC-1 exam from the very basics, we recommend our long course Linux Administrator. It not only covers all the material covered by LPI 101 and LPI 102 training courses – it has also a module on selected network services, and costs less than the two training courses combined.
This training is equivalent to days 5-8 of the Linux Administrator course.
- Automating work: shell scripts
- operations on text, variables
- users, groups – adding, deleting, configuring
- administrators – sudo
- Finding files
- SQL fundamentals – topics important for a future administrator
- databases (tables, data types)
- SQL basics (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE)
- basic configuration (support tools)
- architecture (incl. networking) with examples
- basic tools and smart features
- System customization
- language, regional settings
- graphical environment settings
- Fundamental services
- cron and at
- Basic e-mail configuration
- sending e-mails
- redirecting and aliases
- Basic network configuration
- Computer networks – an overview
- network hardware and technologies
- TCP/IP and ISO/OSI model
- local area networks and the problem of connecting networks
- addresses, ARP and RARP
- IP protocol (IPV4 and IPV6) and routing
- TCP and UDP
- Configuring network interfaces
- manual setting up interfaces (ip command)
- tools such as ping, traceroute, mtr, whois
- resolving names. DNS.
- how the protocol and the services work
- basic configuration of the server and the client
- Remote working
- ssh (keys, X forwarding, ports, scp and sftp)
- Security fundamentals
- identifying devices (nmap, server version identification)
- basic intrusion techniques (buffer overflow, string format)
- critical rules
- Identifying and solving problems
- prevention: backup strategies and methods
- what to do in case of a catastrophe
Audience and prerequisites
Basic familiarity with Linux, ability to use the command line and familiarity with the shell.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Linux administrator
- Advanced Linux administrator
- Linux Essentials (For Everyday Users)
- LPI 101. An introduction to Linux administration
- Selected Linux network services
- Selected Linux server-side technologies
- LPI 201. Linux architecture and low-level configuration
- File sharing and directory services
- LPI 202. Selected network services and network security
- LPIC-2 exam prep course
- LPI 300: LDAP, Samba, Integration with MS Windows and Mixed Environments
- LPI 303: Cryptography, Access Control, Services and Network Security
- LPI 304: Linux Virtualization and High Availability
- E-mail server - Exim, anti-spam solutions
- E-mail server - Postfix
- Bash shell programming
- Advanced shell programming, Bash, AWK
- Linux backups
- Advanced network traffic and content filtering
- VPNs in theory and practice
- Bandwidth and Traffic Management (QoS) on Linux
- Server and network monitoring, SNMP, Nagios, Munin
- Apache HTTP server on Linux
- Bind domain name server on Linux
- LDAP directory services on Linux. Integrating authorization systems
- Samba server on Linux
- Advanced Samba configuration (PDC, LDAP, replication)
- Linux virtualization
- Wireless networks and their security
- Digital signature and encryption with OpenSSL and GnuPG
- High availability: Linux Virtual Server and supporting technologies (HA1)
- NFS: Network File System on Linux
- Safe Internet in a computer lab
- Security components in Linux
- Linux - application and kernel debugging
- Linux - exploiting applications and operating system. Low level attacks.
- Linux - application security testing, searching for possible exploits. High-level attacks
- MySQL administration
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (EN) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 14 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.