When practising low-level programming, the programmer must use techniques vastly different from those employed in high-level programming languages. During this course, we cover the crucial low-level C/C++ programming techniques in Linux. Participants will learn both system functions, input/output capturing and handling of files, pipes and sockets, as well as thread-aware programming topics such as managing processes/threads, synchronization or inter-process communication. We also cover the assembly language and hybrid programming.
- Introduction to a Linux based system, building blocks, APIs
- Automation and build supporting tools:
- make, automake, autotools
- Processes, threads and scheduling
- scheduling priorities and classes
- thread programming and synchronization (pthread)
- OpenMP basics
- File operations, pipes, sockets
- UNIX sockets
- network sockets
- connection handling techniques (select)
- Signal handling (including POSIX RT Signals)
- IPC and synchronization (POSIX and SysV)
- message queues
- shared memory
- Timers and clocks
- Managing system resources, forcing limits on resources
- Assembly language in operating system environment, hybrid programming
- Using SIMD and DSP in-CPU blocks (depends on system)
Audience and prerequisites
This course targets engineers and programmers who want to use Linux to develop applications, get familiar with the APIs provided by this system and choose the right one for a given task.
Participants should be familiar with UNIX or Linux command line interface and basic tools, as well as the basics of C programming.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 8 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.