Category: Databases and SQL
PL/SQL is a language which complements SQL with constructs related to procedural and modular programming. Its knowledge facilitates the creation of complex reports, allows to complement data in the database with business logic, and is essential for creating applications in Oracle Forms, APEX and related technologies.
Knowledge of PL/SQL is essential for programmers who wish to take advantage of all the capabilities of the Oracle database.
And if you don't know SQL well yet and want to learn the complete set: SQL, PL/SQL and the basics of administration in Oracle?
- Introduction to PL/SQL programming:
- lexical units and conventions,
- anonymous blocks and programs,
- executable block and declaration block,
- running anonymous blocks and programs.
- Defining and handling variables:
- declaring and changing the values of variables,
- use of standard data types in variables,
- %TYPE and %ROWTYPE attributes,
- working with compound types, custom compound types,
- records, tables and record tables,
- Structured programming:
- control instructions: conditions, loops.
- the INTO clause
- use of SQL functions,
- exception handling, typical built-in exceptions,
- creating your own exceptions,
- labels, name visibility ranges, nested blocks.
- implicit and explicit cursors,
- parameterized cursors,
- row locking (FOR UPDATE clause),
- WHERE CURRENT OF clause
- stored procedures,
- creating functions with their use in SQL,
- parameters in programs,
- ways of calling programs.
- structure of a package and dependencies
- running packages,
- polymorphism in packages (overloading),
- embedded packages.
- DML triggers at command and line level,
- DML triggers on views,
- DDL command triggers,
- triggers on system events.
- Dynamic SQL:
- the need to use dynamic SQL, contraindications,
- native dynamic SQL,
- DBMS_SQL package.
Audience and prerequisites
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Oracle Database SQL
- Oracle database administration
- Data Analysis
- Oracle Database Programmer
- Access: Databases and SQL for Analysts
- Databases for programmers
- MS SQL Server for programmers
- Oracle RDBMS for programmers
- MySQL for programmers
- MySQL administration
- MS Access (advanced)
- Access Programming using VBA
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 14 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.