Category: Java, JEE, Android programming
The course covers the three Java EE technologies used for programming business logic: Enterprise Java Beans (EJB 3.1) and Java Persistence API entities (JPA 2) and Context and Dependency Injection (CDI, new in Java EE6).
The training provides its participants with instant possibility of applying their freshly acquired knowledge, as most of the class consists of guided, hands-on exercises and work on real-life scenarios. Participants will also benefit from practical tips on building and maintaining enterprise applications.
The focus of the training is solely the business logic layer. Those who wish to learn building complete applications should rather choose one of our full stack trainings, such as Glassfish, PrimeFaces. Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6.
- Domain model and the database layer – Java Persistence Architecture 2:
- basic mappings and relations, life cycle of an entity;
- complex mappings: inheritance, composition, uni- and bidirectional relations;
- surrogate and natural primary keys, multicolumn keys, implied values;
- JPQL queries;
- typed queries: Criteria API;
- collections of simple and embeddable types, ordering collections;
- validation using Bean Validation:
- built-in validators,
- custom validators.
- The service layer:
- resources and the JNDI tree: java:comp/env, java:global/env, java:app/env;
- EJB 3.1: stateless and stateful session beans;
- remote, local and no-interface views, remote calls and argument passing;
- desktop applications as remote EJB clients;
- services using JPA, persistence context propagation;
- Container Managed Transactions and Application Managed Transactions;
- asynchronous calls, scheduling;
- CDI: managed beans, factories, dependency injection, events;
- coexistence of CDI and EJB beans;
- basic SOAP service with JAXB mapping;
- basic RESTful service (using JSON and XML).
Audience and prerequisites
Good command of the Java language is required, participants are expected to write programs featuring classes, methods and attributes, enumerations, collections, operations on strings and numbers. However, knowledge of algorithms or design patterns is not necessary.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Java programmer
- Android Developer (complete course)
- Learning Java and Programming
- Java 8 for programmers
- Web application programming using Java Servlet and JSP
- Web application programming using JSF
- Spring, Hibernate and Spring MVC
- Business components development with Spring and Hibernate
- Java Enterprise Web Development with Spring 3 and JavaServer Faces 2
- Glassfish, PrimeFaces. Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6
- RichFaces: Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6, featuring JBoss and Seam
- IceFaces. Enterprise web applications
- XML Processing in Java
- Java - Preparation for Android 101
- Android programming
- Android programming (advanced)
- Android 101 and 201
- Games in Android - OpenGL ES 2.0 - Libgdx
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 8 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.