Category: Project management
The training will cover the planning, organizing and conducting IT projects on the side of client and shows aspects of projects, which are not included in the project management methodologies, but still are crucial to the success of these projects.
Private companies and public institutions often decide to order a “tailor-made” computer system, performing their requirements and business needs and tailored to the organization. For this purpose, are organized tenders or competitions selecting supplier. After that customer is actively involved in project management and construction of the system. The technical aspects almost always falls on the external supplier.
Formulate appropriate requirements, business and technical, to produce them in the inquiry, selecting suppliers and IT project organization itself, however, requires considerable knowledge, experience and knowledge of the rules governing the IT industry. The mere knowledge of project management methodologies is a necessary basis, but usually is not enough.
Students will learn how to deal with problems occurring during the projects in a professional manner, minimizing the risk of project failure.
After the course students should:
- be familiar with issues related to planning and implementation of IT projects,
- know the rules associated with the collection requirements for IT systems, their documentation and the creation of a substantive coherent inquiries,
- be able to evaluate the offer and select the IT system provider,
- be familiar with the principles of requirements management during the project,
- know the basic principles and standards for project management.
- Design and deployment IT systems – introduction.
- Collection of requirements for IT systems.
- Documenting requirements for IT systems.
- Request for quotation (RFQ) creation.
- Evaluation and selection of the best offer.
- Overview of project management methodologies.
- Project management and communication with the contractor.
- Participation in the work of analysis and technical design of the system.
- Change management.
- The most popular analytical standards: UML, BPMN, XML Schema.
- Analytical and design documentation take over.
- Functional and performance testing of the system.
- System take over.
- System maintenance.
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for:
- novice and future IT project managers on client side,
- project managers on client side, who want to expand their knowledge of project management,
- business analysts,
- project team members and project supervisors on the side of the contracting organization.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.