Category: Java, JEE, Android programming
At the end of the course participants will be able to build and deploy enterprise web applications based on the Java Enterprise Edition 6, using EJB and JPA on the back-end and IceFaces on the front-end. Apart from IceFaces, no other vendor-specific technologies will be used – only the official Java EE 6 SDK (comprising of Netbeans IDE and Glassfish server.)
The training explores three layers of a typical enterprise application:
- domain model, mapped to a relational database,
- services implementing the business logic,
- rich, stateful user interface available via web.
The layers are built with three fundamental and a number of supporting technologies:
- EJB 3.1 (Enterprise Java Beans),
- JSF 2.1 (JavaServer Faces),
- JPA 2 (Java Persistence Architecture),
- EL, JSR-303, JTA, JNDI, CDI.
Knowledge acquired during the training can be applied as well in any standard Java EE 6 environment, using not only Glassfish, but also JBoss AE, Weblogic, Websphere, TomEE, Resin and any other EE6 certified application server. Also, in addition to IceFaces, any other component suite can be used, such as PrimeFaces, RichFaces
Participants should know the basics of HTML and SQL. Deeper knowledge of other web technologies and platforms is an advantage.
Good command of the Java language is required, participants are expected to write programs featuring classes, methods and attributes, enumerations, collections, operations on strings and numbers. However, knowledge of algorithms or design patterns is not necessary.
Audience and prerequisites
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Java programmer
- Android Developer (complete course)
- Learning Java and Programming
- Java 8 for programmers
- Web application programming using Java Servlet and JSP
- Web application programming using JSF
- Spring, Hibernate and Spring MVC
- Business components development with EJB 3.1 and JPA 2 (Java EE6)
- Business components development with Spring and Hibernate
- Java Enterprise Web Development with Spring 3 and JavaServer Faces 2
- Glassfish, PrimeFaces. Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6
- RichFaces: Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6, featuring JBoss and Seam
- XML Processing in Java
- Java - Preparation for Android 101
- Android programming
- Android programming (advanced)
- Android 101 and 201
- Games in Android - OpenGL ES 2.0 - Libgdx