This course is designed to improving skills in using MS Excel. It provides students with both an overview of the features and functions of the program and practical know-how. Practical exercises accompany every topic covered during the course.
Microsoft Certificate: for an additional fee of 20 GBP per person, we provide registration with Microsoft Authorized Training system. Training participant registered in this system receives a certificate recognized and respected anywhere in the world, and additional electronic training materials provided by Microsoft.
Genuine Microsoft certification not only confirms the holder's skills - it can also be a valuable part of a resume. Important: authorization is available for on-demand training courses only.
- Introduction to Excel – Quick review of the basics
- Entering and editing data, selecting data, searching cells and ranges.
- Copying, pasting, filling cells and ranges.
- Inserting and modifying simple graphical objects.
- Manual formatting. Data types and formatting by data type.
- Inserting, editing and changing appearance of comments.
- Naming cells and ranges.
- Math functions.
- Relative references and absolute references.
- Financial functions.
- Other useful functions (data/time functions, text functions).
- Logical functions.
- Conditional function If.
- Conditional formatting.
- Tracing precedents and dependants.
- Sorting and filtering data.
- Subtotals – summarizing data by categories.
- Simple Data Validation (combo boxes).
- Working with Charts.
- Understanding Chart Types.
- Selecting Data Sources.
- Formatting charts.
- Preparing Worksheets for printing.
- Worksheets management.
- Creating and organizing Workbooks.
- Linking to data in other Worksheets and Workbooks.
- PivotTables and PivotCharts.
- Sorting and filtering PivotChart.
- Goal seek.
- File management.
- Understanding File Formats.
- Importing and Exporting Data.
For open training, the course materials are prepared for MS Office 2010. Other versions (2013, 2007, 2003) are available on request. Contact us for details.
Audience and prerequisites
This course is intended for professionals and office workers who want to learn intermediate-level Excel skills.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge, such as keyboard and mouse skills.
- Basic file-management skills. The student should know how to navigate to folders and files on a computer running Windows Vista / Windows 7.
- Basic Excel knowledge, such as opening workbooks and entering simple data.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.