Category: PHP and front-end web programming
Creating Web pages. HTML language, CSS stylesheets, basics of the HTTP protocol, working with servers.
- Introduction to WWW pages.
- How does it work?
- Registering a domain
- Establishing an account on a hosting server
- Using HTML and CSS
- Creating content using HTML, describing page appearance using CSS
- Dealing with typical problems with incompatible web browsers
- Using CSS frameworks
- Analyzing example projects
- Preparing graphics for web pages
- Understanding various file formats – advantages and disadvantages, typical applications
- Simple graphics processing using free software: retouching, cutting (cropping), scaling, conversion to other file formats
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for novice users with no previous programming experience. To attend the course, the student should have basic computer skills, such as internet browsing and working with any text editor. Extremely slow typing might be somewhat inconvenient.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.