Category: Java, JEE, Android programming
Java has nowadays become one of the most popular programming languages. It’s popularity can be traced to its object-oriented approach, robustness, security, ease of use – and possibility of writing OS-independent code.
Another of its strengths is an abundance of available libraries; throughout this course, participants will learn not only the syntax, but also the most useful libraries.
- Day 1
- Java and its versions
- Installing a virtual machine. Compiling and running programs.
- An introduction to object-oriented programming and fundamental design patterns.
- Structural and object-oriented features of Java. Basic features (e.g., garbage collector).
- Dividing the code into classes, packages, files, directories and archives.
- Basic tools, Java development platform.
- Day 2
- Using and creating documentation.
- Error handling: exceptions, common pitfalls and best practices.
- Introduction to testing: assertions, an overview of more advanced solutions (such as JUnit).
- Generic classes.
- Day 3
- Input / Output: streams and their applications, Decorator pattern, objects serialization.
- Threads: life cycle, synchronization, concurrent programming fundamentals.
- Automatic builds (Ant, Maven).
- RTTI, introspection, JavaBeans.
- Day 4
- Graphical user interface in Java.
- Swing: windowed applications and applets.
- Observer pattern.
- Graphical user interface tools.
Audience and prerequisites
Programming in whatever computer language. At least basic knowledge of object programming concepts is recommended.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Java programmer
- Android Developer (complete course)
- Learning Java and Programming
- Web application programming using Java Servlet and JSP
- Web application programming using JSF
- Spring, Hibernate and Spring MVC
- Business components development with EJB 3.1 and JPA 2 (Java EE6)
- Business components development with Spring and Hibernate
- Java Enterprise Web Development with Spring 3 and JavaServer Faces 2
- Glassfish, PrimeFaces. Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6
- RichFaces: Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6, featuring JBoss and Seam
- IceFaces. Enterprise web applications
- XML Processing in Java
- Java - Preparation for Android 101
- Android programming
- Android programming (advanced)
- Android 101 and 201
- Games in Android - OpenGL ES 2.0 - Libgdx