Participants in this course will learn how to use their knowledge of web technologies to create hybrid applications which use all the hardware (compass, accelerometer, video camera and more) and software (notifications, filesystem access, contact lists etc.) capabilities available on Android devices. In order to achieve these goals, Apache Cordova project will be used.
Apache Cordova (previously known as PhoneGap and later Callback) is a framework that allows developing applications for various mobile environments. After this course, the participants will easily use it to create not only Android applications, but also applications for iPhones, Blackberries, Nokia and Windows 7 devices.
- Apache Cordova architecture
- available subset of web standards;
- an overview of special capabilities:
- notifications, menu,
- sensors: compass, accelerometer,
- local filesystem, local database,
- handling media: video camera, playing sound and movies,
- reading and modifying the contact list;
- how to best create GUI, JQuery Mobile.
- Android development framework
- Eclipse, SDK and ADT;
- Permissions, application manifest;
- Graphical resources;
- deploying and testing: emulators, physical devices;
- signing and distributing applications.
Audience and prerequisites
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 8 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.