Training participants will learn how to create applications for Android phones (which will work on tablets and other Android devices without problems). The training materials covers not only purely technical matters, like useful tools and necessary libraries, but also delivers well-tested programming and design habits which make Android programs lean, fast and highly usable.
- Necessary information about Android programming environment, compatibility issues between versions (API levels) and deploying/publishing of applications.
- Development kit configuration (device emulator and an actual device).
- The structure of an android application:
- Activities, Intents, Services;
- Content Provider;
- Broadcast Receiver;
- application context;
- data: where and how to store which data;
- Creating UI:
- object-oriented GUI architecture: View, Group, Layout, Widget;
- Dynamic GUI rendering;
- GUI as a static resource;
- events and event handling;
- options and context menu;
- adding resource to an application;
- drawable resources: density and resolution, scaling;
- Data handling
- web services and HTTP;
- parsing well-structured text, text-parsing API (for XML, JSON);
- adapters (Adapter, AdapterView), GUI binding to data;
- Dynamic graphics – canvas:
- SurfaceView, SurfaceHolder;
- graphics, animations and multithreading.
- Using phone capabilities:
- permissions, manifest;
- accessing local files.
Audience and prerequisites
The training is designed for programmers who already know Java. For those who do not, we offer a prep course in Java, J-PRE-ANDROID, or, alternatively, the complete Java Programmer course – those who prefer to learn Java on their own can use the newest edition of Bruce Eckel’s book Thinking in Java.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
- Java programmer
- Android Developer (complete course)
- Learning Java and Programming
- Java 8 for programmers
- Web application programming using Java Servlet and JSP
- Web application programming using JSF
- Spring, Hibernate and Spring MVC
- Business components development with EJB 3.1 and JPA 2 (Java EE6)
- Business components development with Spring and Hibernate
- Java Enterprise Web Development with Spring 3 and JavaServer Faces 2
- Glassfish, PrimeFaces. Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6
- RichFaces: Building Applications for the Java Enterprise Edition 6, featuring JBoss and Seam
- IceFaces. Enterprise web applications
- XML Processing in Java
- Java - Preparation for Android 101
- Android programming (advanced)
- Android 101 and 201
- Games in Android - OpenGL ES 2.0 - Libgdx
- Java-less Android Development. Apache Cordova Project (formerly PhoneGap)
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (English) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 8 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.