The course is designed for students who have some experience working with Access and are able to create simple databases, queries, forms and reports. During the course, they will learn how to create advanced databases using nontrivial techniques, what are good practices in designing complex databases, how to create advanced queries joining multiple tables and subqueries and how to use SQL language. They will be able to create advanced forms with macros, gather data via e-mail and create mail merges with Access data.
Microsoft Certificate: for an additional fee of 20 GBP per person, we provide registration with Microsoft Authorized Training system. Training participant registered in this system receives a certificate recognized and respected anywhere in the world, and additional electronic training materials provided by Microsoft.
Genuine Microsoft certification not only confirms the holder's skills - it can also be a valuable part of a resume. Important: authorization is available for on-demand training courses only.
- Collecting information from e-mail surveys and populating databases.
- Designing advanced databases
- Anomalies. Normalization.
- Notation for database schemas.
- Design patterns.
- Designing advanced queries. Typical scenarios
- Finding duplicates.
- Finding unmatched elements.
- Counting results by multiple conditions.
- Finding extremes.
- Working with many-to-many relations.
- Working with multiple joins.
- Writing SQL queries.
- Writing simple query – SELECT..FROM.. statement.
- Filtering – WHERE clause.
- Sorting – ORDER BY clause.
- Limiting output – TOP statement.
- Grouping and summarizing data – GROUP BY clause.
- Adding results from multiple queries – UNION statement.
- Working with sub-queries.
- Other type of queries.
- Crosstab queries.
- Changing data using queries – INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE queries.
- Creating table from query – SELECT..INTO..
- Designing custom display formats. Designing custom Input Masks.
- Designing advanced validation rules and calculated default values.
- Setting validation rules for a row. Understanding data types of parameters.
- Linking data from other databases.
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts.
- Automating repetitive tasks with macros.
- Adding a button to form to run macro.
- Adding a macro as event handler.
- Introduction to VBA programming.
For open training, the course materials are prepared for MS Office 2010. Other versions (2013, 2007, 2003) are available on request. Contact us for details.
Audience and prerequisites
The course is intended for Access users who can design simple databases, queries, forms, and reports, and want to master more advanced techniques and features of Access.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic file-management skills.
- Intermediate Access skills.
Course participants receive completion certificates signed by ALX.
There are currently no entries
Enter your e-mail address and we will notify you about future dates
- Online (English) – your home, office or wherever you want
- Warsaw (EN) – Jasna 14/16A
- any other location (London, UK, EU) on request
Open training groups are no larger than 14 participants.
Private training can be conducted for groups of any size, according to the Customer's preference. To assure high quality and good learning environment, the group size should not exceed 12.
On-demand training costs and registration
The prices provided in the general tables cover the cost of an open (public) training for one person.
In the case of an on-demand training at the Customer's premises, you are required to provide the necessary facilities (room, computers, projector) and we will send an instructor to run the training. The price for a session is calculated for the whole group.
The cost does not change significantly along with the number of participants. There is no minimum number of participants but we recommend no more than 10-12 people because the training becomes much less effective with a bigger group..
The cost of an on-demand training consists of:
- the base training cost, plus
- travel and accommodation charges for the instructor
The base price of an on-demand training varies, but it is usually around the price of an open training for 3-5 persons (regardless of your group size).
The typical travel and accommodation price for the EU/Schengen zone is under 1250 GBP (1500 EUR) for a 5 day session. We do our best to keep it as low as possible in your location.
The payment can be in GBP or EUR, whichever you prefer. The quotation we will send you with the exact amount in your currency will be valid for 3 months, regardless of any changes in the exchange rate.
For more information, or to register to a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us know:
- the course(s) that you are interested in,
- your location,
- your preferred dates,
- the number of people you wish to train,
And any other questions that you may have.
We can also customise the training program of any of our trainings (or create a new one) according to your needs – whether you want to focus on particular solution used in your company, include material concerning a technology we do not usually cover, or create a tailor-made training.
For individual persons for whom all scheduled open training is inconvenient, we offer individual consultation. Virtually all of our training courses are available as such.
During individual consultations, while it can be a direct equivalent of a group training in terms of subject covered, we can also provide more than that – we can solve problems, help choose appropriate solutions and provide advice on the most effective use of chosen tools.
The price includes:
- course materials,
- snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks,
- course completion certificate,
- one-time consultation with the instructor after course completion.